One Room Challenge Week 6 : Kids room reveal !

We made it to week 6 not completely done with the space but very very close to it and I’m proud of that. I am absolutely in love with how it all turned out and what’s more exciting is that my daughter loves her room. Not only that but Junior loved the design so much he asked me the other day if we can do all the trim in the house black lol. I doubt that will happen but it’s nice to know that he loves my design as well because we usually but heads when it comes to that.

We still have a few more things to do like
  • Get dresser
  • Get door knob for closet 
  • Update inside the closet 
  • Hang television
  • Add book shelves
 I will keep you guys posted on those updates as I get them done. Follow me on Instagram to get the updates @paloma.gzn @casadepaloma. Just in case you guys forgot what the space looked like before here is a little refresher.
Before



After

I went with a classic color palette of black of and white because it was perfect for both a girl and a boy. I added a pop of yellow because it is such a fun color and I love it against the black and white. I kept the yellow muted to keep the room a little bit more sophisticated. What I love about the design is that it's a room the kids can grow in. It's not to childish and It's a room I enjoy as well. When designing kids room I think the parents should love the room just as much as the kids and it should work with the rest of your home too.


In this empty space is where the dresser and the tv will go.


I was going to add a fun print to the room but then decided to add pictures of the kids instead to make it more personal. My daughter loved it when she saw it because she didn't expect it.



The black doors is one of my favorite things in the room. I love how the brass hardware looks against the black.



Like I said we still have a few finishing touches to add as you can see here but I shot it anyways so you guys could see the doors. I just love them so much lol.



Hope you guys enjoyed the transformation process and following along with me. Don't forget to check out all the other One room challenge  guest participant reveals, they are soo good !
Until next time xo Paloma.
Links to most of the products: Rug, Curtains, Crib, Baskets are from Homegoods, Bed from Macys(old), Frames are also Homegoods, Curtain rod, Door knob, White paint- Behr Ultra Pure White, Black paint- SW Tricorn Black.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts