One Room Challenge Week 2: Floors and Paint


Welcome back to week 2 of the One Room Challenge. We've made a lot of progress this week and I am sooo excited because I don't have to look at the disastrous mess that was my floors any longer.  Yay me ! My brother in Law sent over a family friend to re-do our floors and they came out great I love the color. Now I don't need to keep the door in this room closed anymore. Since I also painted I pass by this room everyday and just stare with a smile on my face. I'm so happy with the progress and how everything is coming along.

I finally got some paint on the walls as well we went with Ultra Pure White by Behr and for the trim we went with Tricorn Black by Sherwin Williams. You don't understand how happy with how it came out. I love the contrast of the trim against the white walls, my daughter loved it as well which means, extra points for mom! The room already looks so much better with the few changes we've made. I'm more excited now to see how it will look in the end.


 By the way guess what? since the walls are painted and the floors are done the kids are finally in their own room (I'm doing my happy dance). As far as painting goes I only have the closet, doors and radiator left to paint also a few touch ups here and there. So when I get to those things they can stay in my room again (one more night wont hurt anybody). My biggest dilemma now is whether I should paint the room and closet doors black or leave them white and until I decide that I can't buy hardware because I can't decide what color hardware I want for the doors either. Hopefully I'll make a decision on that before week 6 sneaks up on me.


Next on my list is the closet I'm thinking of doing a fun wall decal in there and I have re configure certain things in there as well. I want to add shoe shelves and maybe another rod so her and the baby can have their own. We've gotten a lot done but there is still so much more to do. What do you guys think about the progress so far ? let me know in the comments. Don't forget to check out the rest of rooms getting makeovers this season over at One Room Challenge
xoxo Paloma 

Comments

  1. Stopping in from the ORC. It looks so good! I love the black molding in this space. I think dark doors make such a starement - but also such a commitment.

    Can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of the room!

    Blushmagnoliablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! it takes a lot of commitment which is why I haven't decided yet lol Thank You !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts