Room of the Week

I stumbled upon the space and it's designer Diana Tarakanova on Instagram and I am sooo glad I did. She is art director and lead designer of Desart Decor studio based in Moscow. Her designs are amazing and her attention to detail is phenomenal. This room in particular is one of my favorites. What I love most about this room which is even a shock to me is the color palette. I know I know ! I can't believe it either. I love dark, rich colors but occasionally I like light and airy spaces as long as everything is not white. Although there is a lot of white in this space there is also enough pops of color to balance it out. The blues and greens work perfectly with the gold finishes throughout. Perfect example of glamour without having rhinestones and crystals everywhere.
 Millwork is one detail that can completely transform any space and in this room it doesn't disappoint. I love that she went with the black and gold marble coffee table, you know I love me some black and gold. In such a light space the black does not feel like its out of place or over powering.
 Design by Diana Tarakanova

Comments

Popular Posts